Saturday, January 14, 2006

Observations From a Grocery Store

I hate going to the grocery store. It's not that I dislike buying food. I've gotten over the shock of what things cost long ago. It's the interaction with some of the most stupid, idiotic, self-centered people in existence.

People seem to have the worst time pushing a shopping cart. Well, they push it ok, they just don't look where they are going. I have to practice defensive shopping, so as not to be run into during the entire shopping experience. People stop in the middle of aisles without any regard for other shoppers.

I encountered a very old lady today while shopping. I estimate that she would be in her early 80's. She really did not have any clue what was going on around her. When she nearly ran into me when I was trying to go around her, she commented that she doesn't see too well. I can only imagine what it would be like in traffic with her. I'm sure she's still driving. I certainly would favor mandatory road driving tests at certain ages.

People talking on cell phones while shopping is annoying as well, particularly people using a headset. Seeing someone walking along and talking in a normal or extra loud voice just makes me think that they are schizophrenic or psychotic.

Kids have no manners. They just walk anywhere they want. Of course, the parents are just as bad.

And this shopping event was not as bad as most. I'll see how the next event goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home